Limestone Cave

The only name we have for this cave is 'Limestone Cave'. It is obviously a well traveled and well known cave. It is in the Wendover area and it's up a very cool little canyon.






The cave goes back about 15' or so to a tight crawl at the back. The cave smells like smoke and juding by the charcoal black ceiling it has been a common place to light an evening campfire.

As I was dressed in my business clothes and did not bring along my coveralls I did not attempt to crawl thru the 'moon dust' to see where the tight crawl went.

The only formations that I noticed in this cave are what appeared to me to be mamilaries. These bulbus formations are said to form only underwater.

Because this apparently is a well known and visited cave I am posting these wider angle shots showing the topography, and the trusty 4Runner as well.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said... | July 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I have visited this cave. I was covered in dust squeezing through the tight hole but it opened up and was a lot of fun. Sadly the dust was so fine that it ruined my camera.

Anonymous said... | July 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

it's true. it did ruin his camera but we did have fun. there were, however, an inexplicable number of flies...

Anonymous said... | July 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

It's true he did ruin his camera. It is a good cave, we had a lot of fun. There was, however, an inexplicable number of flies.