Thistle Train Tunnel

I first went into this cave entrance when I was a teenager and just returned this past week. As I have been told this is an old train tunnel that was blasted and never used but I have not been able to find any resources online to verify that information. Although this is not officially a cave but rather a tunnel I thought that it was interesting enough to post.



Once you drop in the small opening and climb down the filled in shaft it becomes apparent that this was intended for a train tunnel because of it's size. I estimate that this tunnel stretches at least 300' to the base of the fill at the back of the tunnel.



Looking back toward the entry.




The back of the passage is filled in. Perhaps the tunnel continued even further beyond this fill.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said... | June 7, 2016 at 5:07 AM

This looks awesome! How close is it to thistle like direction wise?

GregT said... | September 9, 2016 at 11:29 PM

It's actally pretty easy to spot. It's on a hill on the west side of the road, just look for a hill/mountain covered in graffiti.